Brandon Williams – Printmaker Interview
Brandon Williams is a featured artist in our Second Annual Juried Show: Printmakers. Williams has three etchings featured in this show, Subtle Transitions featured below. Learn more about the artist from the following interview:
1. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
Not anything that isn’t a combination of my first and last name, or a shortened version of Brandon, like B.
2. Where did you grow up?
3. Who was/is your biggest influence for your art?
4. Who is your favorite artist and why?
Rembrandt. Every mark he makes serves a purpose and each of those marks seem to be made so effortlessly.
5. What color best describes you and why?
Blue. I’m never optimistic.
6. How would you describe your fashion style?
Clean, Comfortable, and Classic.
7. What was the first piece you created/sold?
I sold drawings on notebook paper in elementary school for change. I sold an etching of a chipmunk around 5 or 6 years ago. I consider that my first sale in a gallery setting.
8. What’s integral to the work of an artist?
Make it memorable.
9. What’s your favorite piece of artwork?
Peter Milton- Passage ll.
10. What is your dream project?
To take a few years off work and make prints.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given as an artist?
Don’t do something interesting in a boring way.