Sarah Kinard – Printmaker Interview
Sarah Kinard is a featured artist in our Second Annual Juried Show: Printmakers. Kinard features the mixed media print Pond-Skum in our show. Learn more about the artist from the following interview:
1. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
I don’t have a nickname.
2. Where did you grow up?
3. Who was/is your biggest influence for your art?
Paul Martyka, Frank Stella, Al Held, Mark Bradford.
4. Who is your favorite artist and why?
Paul Martyka, how could one not love a magical human?
5. What color best describes you and why?
Sparkle, any kind of shiny speaks to me.
6. How would you describe your fashion style?
Patterned leggings a black top and extreme earrings adorned with tattoos. More or less like a three-year-old dressed me every day.
7. What was the first piece you created/sold?
I started this journey by making collages on my bedroom wall with Elmer’s glue and construction paper.
8. What’s integral to the work of an artist?
9. What’s your favorite piece of artwork?
Hagmatana 111, Frank Stella.
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given as an artist?
“Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”